MTU Marine Diesel Generators
|kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8 PF 50 Hz – 1,500 rpm||kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8 PF 60 Hz – 1,800 rpm||Generating Set Model|
Included in the Generating Set Price
Fully classifiable specification suitable for survey including, duplex change over fuel filters and flexible fuel connections for inlet and return, fire retardant and ‘type’ approved. Double skinned (sheathed) fuel injector pipes. UMS specifications, etc. All engines are IMO Tier II emission compliant with technical file and EIAPP certificate included. The “Standard Specification” of the generating set is listed below.
Alternators are selected to give marine ratings for class ‘F’ temperature rises in marine ambient engine room temperatures of 45°C. Frame sizes selected may be pushed into class H temperature rises for lower voltage ratings.
Visa Energy Marine Generating Sets – Specifications
Marine Generating Set having a continuous rated “Prime” power output, 3 phase, at 0.8PF, with a capability for 10% overload in accordance with ISO standard; designed, built and tested by Visa Energy Marine Limited, each comprising:
- Powered by a MTU model as per price list water cooled 4-stroke diesel engine having vee twelve cylinders, turbocharged and rated for continuous operation when running at 1500 rev/min for 50Hz or 1800rpm for 60Hz. Suitable for operation in ambient temperatures up to 45°C, sea water 32°C, RH 80% and 760mm H2O. The engine will be subject to makers standard bench tests. Type approval certificate.
- Sea water cooling using engine mounted heat exchanger cooling equipment complete with fresh water make-up tank, thermostat, sea water pump and fresh water pump. Water cooled exhaust manifolds
- 24 Volt electric start system with battery charging alternator and stop solenoid valve. Marine type insulated return.
- Temperature sensors for lube oil, coolant, intake air, charge air, fuel, exhaust A & B. Pressure transmitters for lube oil, coolant, charge air, fuel. Protection sensors low lubricating oil pressure, high jacket water temperature and speed. Level monitors for coolant, fuel leakage and pressure monitor for differential oil filter pressure. Governor for generating set suitable for single and parallel operation. Engine mounted ECU and EMU pre wired to engine components. System cables from ECU and EMU to LOP. All suitable for marine class.
- Local Operating Panel: MTU local control panel (LOP) for electronic monitoring and control of the engine with alphanumeric colour display of measured values and alarm reports, combined control elements for; ready for operation; local operation; engine start; engine stop; engine emergency stop; engine speed increase; engine speed decrease; engine overspeed test. The panel is supplied loose with plug connectors for mounting near the engine on a bulkhead or may be mounted on the generating set if preferred. The panel is prepared for binary and analogue inputs and outputs.
- Speed governor to control engine speed to the requirements of ISO 3046 for diesel generating set.
- MTU standard fuel oil, lubricating oil and combustion air filters suitable for marine class.
- Mecc Alte alternator marine rated to ISO standard, 4 pole, brushless, self ventilated with IP 22 protection, two bearing construction. The generator is self regulating and self excited and is complete with terminal box and automatic voltage regulator, droop circuit ct, fully suitable for use in engine room environments of 45°C. The generator will be subject to makers standard bench test. Type approval certificate
- Engine and generator are close coupled together with flexible coupling and mounted on marine failsafe anti-vibration mountings to isolate the set form its combined welded steel baseplate.
- Paint: Cobalt blue RAL5013.
- Each generating set is “full load” tested in accordance with our quality document QA001. On turbocharged engines load acceptance is limited in accordance with ISO 3046.
Optional Extras and Alternative Equipment
|Engine Options||Alternator Options||Generating Sets Manufactured to Class, such as|
|Alternative keel cooling option (marine radiator cooling is not available from MTU). Alternative means of starting. Starter batteries. Dry exhaust silencers. Spark arrestor exhaust silencers. Water injection exhaust elbow for wet system. Fuel/water separators.||Anti condensation heaters, temperature sensing.|| Lloyds Register, Det Norske Veritas, Bureau Veritas, American Bureau of Shipping, Germanischer Lloyd, RINA, etc..|
All goods are offered and supplied in accordance with our ‘General Terms of Tender and Sale‘.
Options and Accessories
- 24 Volt Lead-acid battery (2 blocks) with links and battery cables mounted in tray on base plate. Batteries for export are supplied “dry charged” for filling by customer on site.
- Alarm switches to meet UMS, EO, AUT-MS requirements for engine system.
- Generator monitoring: PT100 temperature sensors in windings, 2 per phase-1 working, 1 spare.
- Parallel operation: Genset is suitable for operation in parallel. Paralleling equipment is customer supply.
- Anti condensation heater in generator (1 phase AC).
- Jacket water heater (1 phase AC).
- 2 bearing generator with flexible coupling drive.
- Torsional calculations suitable for submission to class. Any class fees are extra.
- Air motor starting (in lieu of standard electric) including, start valve and flexible air inlet hose (approved type). The starter accepts air at 30 Bar maximum.
- Automatic control. Automatic engine controller already included in standard panel.
- Second means of start NOT available – two battery system (SOLAS compliant) can be offered.
- Exhaust silencers on flanged type – includes joints and mating flanges (but not fixings):
- Dry type: 6 inch flanged or 8 inch flanged.
- Spark arrestor type: 6 inch flanged or 8 inch flanged.
- Export packing and delivery FOB UK Port
- Class survey fees, for guidance allow 15%, (25% for Lloyds Register). Including necessary approved shafts and class tests with witness tests by classification surveyor. Please ask for a quotation as fees vary due to requirements, class society and rating. Any additional charges for approvals of drawings or calculations by class society will be passed on ‘at-cost’.